Saturday, July 9, 2011

Andahuaylillas

This is where I'm staying these days. It's small town called Andahuaylillas, part of the province of Quispicanchi, in the Department of Cusco.

A view of the town at sunrise (about 6:30 am).



My nephew Amilkar and myself over mount Cabracancha at sunrise with Andahuaylillas and the Vilcanota river in the background.




A view of the main plaza. The main attraction of the town is its colonial church, Iglesia de San Pedro, built in the early 1600s and famous for its murals, gold and woodwork. They don't allow people to take pictures of the inside but it's truly amazing.




The view from the little balcony of my room at the Hospedaje.



My editing set-up, where I'm working on the Casares family´s documentary about their two year sail around the world.



The reverse view of the hostel. The cat underneath is saying, you can come inside, I'm on the shot.



One of the main roads of the town. To the right is where I check my e-mail. It's also the house of Pedro, Eli and Amilkar, the family that's also my extended family that has helped make my stay here very smooth and warm. Pedro runs this business, the first of its kind in Andahuaylillas.




The facade of the house across the street from the Internet business.

3 comments:

  1. Que grande, Alonso! Muy lindo ver donde estas (y que lindo lugar!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si mal no recuerdo, estube en ese pueblo...pasalo super bien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you and your whereabouts!

    Que tal leche indeed! I wish to follow in your footsteps to spend time in Peru, beyond the urban sprawl. How's the food and everything?

    Glad to hear you are enjoying your vacation. My wishes to the family.

    ReplyDelete